Listing Saved
Email Sent

Lemon Stream Forest

West Mills Road : Anson, ME 04911

Somerset County, Maine

355 Acres
Create a FREE Buyer Profile or sign in to save this farm. DISMISS
Lemon Stream Forest : Anson : Somerset County : Maine

Farm Description

Lemon Stream is a central Maine forest set along a scenic stretch of Lemon Stream and its tributary. Located in a small, southern Maine town, the forest is in an historic mill districy but just an hour or two to bigger cities. The central portion of the property fronting the main road offers the best conditions for potential building. Given the relatively level terrain and good soils, it is not surprising that this is where the original homestead was built. A network of forest trails traverse the property offering ample interior access for enjoying a host of recreational activities, including fishing and hunting.

Lemon Stream serves as the dominant natural feature with its graceful turns, rocky shoreline, and varying width offering a strong aesthetic feature. The river’s rocky composition is punctuated by small pools with bank overhangs and woody debris offering good potential brook trout habitat for those who know where to look. The tributary is lined with a substantial margin of wetland vegetation, and a wildlife travel corridor threads the wetland margin and the forest canopy.

The forest supports a mixed species composition of red maple, balsam fir, cedar and sugar maple with medium stem quality overall and a pole to small sawlog size diameter distribution.

The majority of forest terrain slopes gently to the north where it flattens out along the narrow flood plain of Lemon Stream and its tributary. About 75% of the tract soils are well-drained and suitable for year-round forestry, with the remaining 25% poorly drained, particularly in the cedar forest that dominates the eastern part of the tract.

Farm Map & Boundaries

Farm Maps & Files

More Farm Details

> Mixed Use Zoning
> Paved Road Access
MLS / Other ID
Last Updated
240 Days Ago

More Farms from Fountains Land

  • Alden Forest : Warrensburg : Warren County : New York
  • Cedarlands Scout Reservation : Long Lake : Hamilton County : New York
  • Hidden Ridge Lodge : Stony Creek : Warren County : New York
  • Placidia Farm : Braintree : Orange County : Vermont
  • Stannard Mountain Forest : Stannard : Caledonia County : Vermont
  • Madison Boulder Forest : Madison : Carroll County : New Hampshire
  • South Hill Forest : Stockbridge : Windsor County : Vermont
  • West Mountain Forest : Whitehall : Washington County : New York
  • Ragged Mountain Forest : Wilmot : Merrimack County : New Hampshire
  • Hayes Road Forest : Duxbury : Washington County : Vermont
  • Susie Peak Forest : Ira : Rutland County : Vermont
  • Northfield Hills Forest : Northfield : Washington County : Vermont
View My Farms
Farm features, descriptions, details, sales history, photos, maps, boundaries and files are deemed reliable and provided "as is" without guarantee, warranty, representation, expressed or implied by FARMFLIP or its advertisers, and is subject to errors, omissions, sale or withdrawal. Contact the advertiser directly regarding this listing.