Originally built in 1840 buy Judge Ira Griffin, this historic home was carefully moved to its current location on 185 acres in Barnwell County, South Carolina in 1991. The first floor of the house is the original structure with heart pine floors, walls, ceilings, counters and kitchen cabinets. The house sits eight feet off the ground and is known for “being above the bug line” making it comfortable to sit outside year round. Dogwood trees beautifully surround the home and hundreds are in bloom during April. In 2010 the house was re-wired and re-plumbed. Two new Carrier gas furnaces and air conditioners were installed. Under the house, new moisture barrier was put down, foam insulation and more timber for stabilization. A gas Rinnai water heater was installed, along with added insulation in the attic. A new roof, with 30-year shingles, is being installed. The gahnite pool is surrounded by banana trees, elephant ears and tropical flowers. There is a 17 acre, fenced pasture with hay barn and stalls. The remaining acreage is a good mix of pine and hardwood forest suitable for deer and turkey hunting.