Entirely surrounded by the Pike National Forest and McArthur Gulch State Trust Lands, the 160 acre Stitt Ranch offers end-of the-road privacy rarely found so close to a major metropolitan area. Less than 1 hour from downtown Denver and minutes from the town of Bailey, the property is just south of Highway 285 between the South Platte River and the Kenosha Mountains. The ranch features a home and other agricultural buildings, 480 acres of leased State Trust Lands*, valuable and transferable water rights, year-round access off of a county maintained road and 360 degree views of the surrounding mountains.
* Located less than 1 hour from Denver and the resort town of Breckenridge.
* The town of Bailey is less than 5 miles from the property and offers general services including restaurants, grocery stores, and medical care.
* A 4 bed - 1.5 bath owners home, barn and other utility buildings on the leased State Trust Land.
* There is also a small 2 bed - 1 bath cabin overlooking the fishing pond on the deeded land.
* Surrounded on all sides by the Pike National Forest/Lost Creek Wilderness and McArthur Gulch State Trust Lands, the ranch has access to thousands of acres of public land to hike, hunt or recreate however you please.
* Elk, deer, turkey, black bear, and numerous other wildlife species frequent the ranch and surrounding public land.
* The trout pond and multiple developed springs on the property provide good access to water for livestock and wildlife.
* The ranch includes valuable and senior water rights dating back to the 1860s. Unlike other areas, the South Platte Basin has an active market for buying and selling water rights.
Contact Mac McWhorter.