The Westby Farms
Sumter County, Georgia
DESCRIPTION: The Westby Farms is an ideal dual purpose income producing irrigated farm and cattle ranch located in the heart of southwest Georgia. The Westby farms consist of income producing irrigated crop fields, merchantable pines, and mature hardwood bottomland along the scenic Lime Creek. Property attributes include:
- The farm is predominately income producing irrigated farmland with a combination of dry farmland, extensively managed planted pines, and hardwood bottomland. The farm has excellent soils for agriculture and timber production.
- There are four center pivot irrigation systems (Two 12 tower and two 10 tower) irrigating approximately 900 (GIS) acres. Irrigation is supplied by three 10-inch wells, 460 feet deep, with a max rate of 1200 gallons per minute and one 12-inch well, 300 feet deep, with a max rate of 1200 gallons per minute. Additional permits to pump from Lime Creek are available.
- Total Annual Income: The irrigated farmland currently leases for $175/ac with an additional $5000.00 for winter grazing along the Sheppard Farm. House Rent: $The farm has excellent crop base acres.
- The timberland acreage consists of well managed loblolly pine at various age classes (1987, 1988, and 1997) as well as mature hardwoods.
- Beautiful frontage along the scenic Lime Creek providing excellent recreational opportunities.
- Owners will subdivide into two farms. Call for details.
- Local Attractions: Lake Blackshear Resort and Golf Club
THE OFFERING PRICE: $5,005,000 or $3130/Ac.
CONTACT: AFM Land Sales, LLC
Nathan Greer, Broker