Grasse River Forest is a productive timberland property with versatile ownership options - it can grow northern hardwoods for investment purposes, while also offering long river frontage and over two square miles of privacy that anchors its outdoor recreational appeal. The current owners bought this property in 1990 and have been enjoying and actively managing it for nearly 30 years. Their three primary goals have been forestry, wildlife habitat, and recreation, and they've spent countless weekends at the cabin over the years, enjoying the land's solitude and natural beauty.
Highlights include the following:
• 1.5 miles of Grasse River frontage - brown trout, native brook trout, and small-mouthed bass are found in abundance here - courses its way along the far eastern boundary of the property.
• Great fishing opportunities for spring and summer weekends.
• 118 acres of beaver ponds - habitat, forbs, cover for deer and other wildlife.
• Rolling hardwood mountains provide a scenic northern Adirondack backdrop and are capable of producing northern hardwood timber.
• An off-grid base camp for weekend retreats - the camp is tucked a quarter mile into the property on a private meadow. It sleeps 12-15 people and is outfitted with a wood stove, tables, furniture, and bunks. Come escape on the weekends or lease it to a local hunting club to cover holding costs while allowing the timber value to grow.
• Two square miles of undeveloped mountain land to explore - including hunting, wildlife viewing and snowmobiling
Farm Maps & Files
The property is situated along Boyd Pond Road, which is a paved, all-season town road accessing the southern half of the property from the west. There are 1,300' of frontage connecting the property with the town road and nearby CR 27, situated a few miles to the west.
More Farm Details
More Farms from Fountains Land
- 115 AC : $725K
- 278 AC : $225K
- 776 AC : $1.3M
- 280 AC : $375K
- 264 AC : $251K
- 718 AC : $369K
- 470 AC : $329K
- 213 AC : $295K
- 315 AC : $165K
- 224 AC : $199K
- 890 AC : $1.11M
- 242 AC : $152K