This online auction is for the ±1,275 acres of land surrounding the former Girlstown USA campus located ±10 miles south of Whiteface, TX, at 2490 State HWY 1780 in eastern Cochran County, Texas. The ±1275 acres are currently leased for pasturage and grazing of cattle for (expires January 2019).
Whiteface, Texas is located on State Highway 114, ±44 miles west of Lubbock and ±12 miles southeast of Morton, the Cochran County seat. According to the Handbook of Texas, "The name of the town came from rancher C. C. Slaughter's Whiteface Camp and Whiteface Pasture, which were named in turn for the cattle on his ranch." By 1924, Slaughter's son-in-law, Ira P. DeLoache, turned the ranch into the new community of Whiteface. The community was moved several miles the next year to be at the railroad. Oil was discovered near the town in 1937. It was incorporated in 1945.